Please expect 5-7 business days before shipping. Temporary surcharge on 3DS products is reflected in handling fee-see shipping policy for detail.
Save on Tooling Costs and Time with Direct Production Plastic Parts
Figure 4® Rigid Gray is a production-grade gray material that delivers a surface finish comparable to injection molding and provides long-term environmental stability. The high contrast gray color is ideal for parts requiring high feature definition like texture and lettering. This material is suitable for painting and plating and is recommended for prototyping and production for consumer products and general use on small parts requiring high detail and accuracy.
This resin exhibits thermoplastic behavior with necking at the break, making it ideal for rigid snap-fit applications such as covers. It also features 72˚C heat deflection temperature and 30% elongation at break. Fast print speeds and simplified post-processing speeds enable exceptional throughput.
Figure 4 Rigid Gray is tested to 8 years of indoor and 1.5 years outdoor mechanical performance per ASTM D4329 and ASTM G194 methods, ensuring that printed parts remain functional and stable for long periods in real-world conditions.
- Static rigid production components like housings and covers
- Small parts requiring detail and accuracy for consumer products and general use
- Parts requiring painting, plating, and laser-etching
- Functional prototyping and low volume production parts where visualization of features is critical
- Long-term use parts for indoor and outdoor applications
- High contrast gray color good for detail visualization for textures and lettering
- Fast throughput to finished part; no secondary thermal cure required
- Excellent surface quality, accuracy, and repeatability
- Suitable for painting, plating, and laser-etching
- Long-term indoor and outdoor environmental stability of mechanical properties and color; tested out to 8 and 1.5 years (respectively) per ASTM methods
- Tensile testing shows thermoplastic behavior with necking at break
- 72°C HDT at 0.455MPa
- 30% elongation at break
- 2200MPa flexural modulus
- Biocompatible-capable per ISO10993-5
- UL94 HB flammability
- Fast print speed up to 48 mm/hr at 50-micron layer thickness